Full Time College and University Students
Due to the changes the Insurance Institute has implemented in response to COVID-19 exams will be computer-based and virtually proctored. Visit our Virtually Proctored Computer-Based Examination webpage for more information.
|Nov. 28 - Dec. 13, 2020
Welcome to Canada's property & casualty insurance industry
Congratulations! As a student in a full-time college or university insurance program, you have chosen an excellent educational path that has great career potential!
The property and casualty (p&c) insurance industry employs more than 110,000 Canadians and offers many exciting career possibilities. The Insurance Institute can help you achieve your full potential and accelerate your career path once you join the industry
Let’s talk about your education:
• Choosing a full-time insurance program is a good choice!
• Choosing to work towards your Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation is a career-minded strategy.
• With support from the Insurance Institute, it’s an educational pathway that can take you exactly where you want to go.
Information on this page, just for you:
• The five most important things you need to know
• The Insurance Institute: how we can help you and your career
• Benefits of membership, and extra benefits for students in full time insurance programs
• The Career Connections program and how it prepares you for success
• List of colleges and universities with a full time insurance program
• Questions - where to go for help and advice
The five most important things you need to know
In order to ensure your success, there are a few things you need to be aware of.
We're here to help you make the most of your studies and your career in insurance. If you have any questions or there's anything the Insurance Institute can help you with, please contact a Member Services associate.