Home Study Level 1 Licensing
General Insurance Essentials
Great news! We've updated our GIE Level 1 licensing study materials.
As of August 1, 2018, students study from completely updated and enhanced licensing materials. Respected industry experts and adult learning specialists played key roles in this update. You’ll benefit from the latest, most relevant content that reflects important changes to the insurance industry.
This home study route is the best to take if you:
• Are looking to complete the level 1 broker or adjuster licensing program in the least amount of time.
• Prefer to study at home, at your own pace (students have up to 6 months to complete the program).
• Would like a flexible exam date.
This option is offered locally through the Insurance Institute of BC, with all materials mailed out via Canada Post from the local office once registration has been processed.
• Home Study Kit: $558.85 (includes two textbooks, online tutorial, membership, exam, and shipping fee)
• Exam/Rewrite Fee: $150.00
• Exam Cancellations/Rescheduling/Absence Fee: $26.25
• Please note that fees are subject to change.
Please complete this form and return it to our office. From the date you register for the program, you have 6 months to take the exam.
|On-demand Licensing Exams:
Lower Mainland (Squamish to Chilliwack)
Most Mondays from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
The Insurance Institute of BC office
A proctor is located near you at a date convenient for you
A minimum two weeks' notice is required.
To schedule your Level 1 licensing exam or rewrite, click here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our licensing exams are based on the 2018 edition of the General Insurance Essentials C81 & C82 textbooks.
The exam is paper-based, consists of 100 multiple-choice questions, and 70% is required to pass.
For exams written at our office, results will available within 1 business . For exams written out-of-town, results will be available within 2 -3 business days.
Home-study students have up to six months from the date of purchase to complete their course and write the exam. Students wishing to write the exam beyond their six month course deadline maybe subject to a $150 exam fee.