Home Study Level 1 Licensing
General Insurance Essentials
The Insurance Institute is committed to providing the most up-to-date, relevant licensing course content to ensure you are well-prepared for your new career.
Students study from completely updated and enhanced licensing materials. Respected industry experts and adult learning specialists played key roles in textbook & course development. Students benefit from current content that reflects important changes to the insurance industry.
The Home Study course is best to take if you:
• Are looking to complete the level 1 broker or adjuster licensing program in the least amount of time
• Prefer to study at home, at your own pace - students have up to 4 months to complete the program
• Would like a flexible exam date
This option is offered locally through the Insurance Institute of BC. Course materials are mailed out from the local office via Canada Post once registration has been processed.
• Home Study course kit: $577.25 includes two textbooks, exam fee, an interactive study aid (online tutorial), local membership, shipping, and applicable taxes.
• Examination Rewrite fee: $150.00
• Exam Cancellation/Rescheduling/Absence fee: $26.25
• Online Exam Virtual Proctor fee: $52.50 (separate from exam fee)
NOTE: Fees are subject to change
This course uses the 2020 edition of the GIE C81 and C82 textbooks.
Home-study course kits are not eligible for cancellations or refunds.
Click here to complete the on-line form. Once it is submitted, you can phone, 778-328-3456, during the hours of 9:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, to pay for the course, or we will contact you for your payment details.
Home Study students have up to four months from the date of purchase to complete their study and write the exam. Students wishing to write the exam beyond their four month course deadline may be subject to a $150 exam fee.
|Virtually Proctored Online Licensing Exams:
Level 1 licensing examinations are offered in an online format with virtual proctors. For more information on exam dates, requirements, exam competencies, and study skills and exam writing presentation, or to register for an exam, visit the licensing exams page.