Broker/Agent Licensing in Manitoba
Give yourself the best chance of success!
Malheureusement, ce contenu n’est actuellement pas offert en français. Veuillez communiquer avec le Service aux membres, au 1 866 362-8585 ou avec l’institut/la section de votre région afin d’obtenir de l’aide.
The Insurance Institute of Manitoba provides the following education requirements for those interested in pursuing exams for Levels 1, 2 or 3 of General Insurance Agent/Broker Licenses.
Manitoba General Level 1 Agent/Broker Self-Study Kit
To complete the education requirements of your Level 2 Broker/Agent licensing, you need to have met the requirements for a Level 1 license listed above, and have successfully completed one of the following:
• C130 Essential Skills for the Insurance Broker and Agent and C131 Advanced Skills for the Insurance Broker and Agent
• Has any one of the following designations: CIP, FCIP, or another designation that the council considers equivalent.
To complete the education requirements of your Level 3 Broker/Agent licensing, you need to have held a level 2 license for a minimum of 2 years immediately prior to applying for a level 3, and successfully completed:
• C132 Practical Issues in Broker Management
How to register for and take above courses to fulfil your education requirements:
The courses listed above as your licensing education requirements can be taken with us in various learning formats:
• In-class or virtually with the Insurance Institute of Manitoba (depending on time of year and local offerings) - see CIP Courses and GIE courses, or
• Self-study (distance or independent learning) as offered by the Insurance Institute of Canada - see CIP Courses, GIE C81 and GIE C82.
How to obtain your license:
Once you have completed the education requirements with us, there may be additional requirements to obtain your licensing - please visit the Insurance Council of Manitoba to find out more about this and how to obtain your license.
Please contact us for questions regarding the education component of your licensing requirements - including registering for our CIP or GIE courses. For anything else regarding licensing, please contact the Insurance Council of Manitoba.