The Rhind Scholarships were created to encourage members of the CIP Society to further their education – either in an FCIP Program or another insurance-related professional development program – even if not supported by their employer. As well, to promote the next generation of insurance professionals, the scholarship program will consider applications from dependents of CIP Society members who are enrolled in an insurance-related program, should there be scholarships remaining.
The Rhind Scholarship program offers two (2) scholarships of $1,500 each awarded annually.
There are three cascading tiers:
1. CIP graduates pursuing their FCIP or Advanced CIP designation, which is not otherwise supported by their employer;
2. CIP graduates enrolled in insurance-related professional development, including the Commercial Insurance or Risk Management Certificate, which is not otherwise supported by employer, and if scholarships still remain;
3. Dependents of CIP Society members who are pursuing post-secondary education in a field that focuses directly on, or that would impact significantly on, the property and casualty insurance industry and/or related financial services.
For all tiers, scholarship applicants must:
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
• Submit a completed application form.
Deadline for applications is May 31.
Rhind Scholarships application form [PDF, 60 KB]