Three Day Commercial Lines Automobile School
Conestoga Chapter Office
515 Riverbend Drive, Unit 101, Kitchener, ON, N2K 3S3
Date and Time: February 24, 2020 9 am - February 26, 2020 4:00 pm
Do you need an overview of
the principles and concepts, as well as the technical side of commercial auto?
Commercial lines auto insurance can seem complex at first, but it doesn’t have
to be. Join us for this three-day workshop, covering everything you’ll need to
know as a new industry employee, or as someone moving from personal lines to
You’ll see the benefits of attending this seminar right away in your
Brokers: comprehend the basics of
commercial auto to provide sound advice to your clients and effectively gather
the information needed to meet the acceptance criteria of insurance companies.
Underwriters: refresh your perspective on commercial
auto risks to ensure effective and thorough underwriting of commercial auto
Adjusters: quickly identify potential coverage
issues and ensure accuracy and understanding of nuances in commercial auto
You will walk away from
this module being able to:
- Identify the steps in the underwriting process for
commercial auto, including endorsements
- Understand the rating process for individually rated
commercial autos (IRCA) and fleet policies
- Describe the coverage and risk exposures associated
with the most popular classes of commercial auto
- Describe the Non-Owned Auto Policy
- Provide risk management advice to your clients
Module Two:You will walk away from this module being able to:
- Describe the background and purpose of the CVOR
- Demonstrate how CVOR is applied to underwriting
- How to read all sections of the CVOR
- Understand the relationship between Collisions,
Convictions and Inspections with the "Overall Violation Threshold" percentage
- Understand inspections and interventions How to use
the CVOR as a sales tool
You will walk away from this module being able to:
- Complete an analysis of the OAP #4 (garage) policy,
outlining coverages relating to both the "owned" section, and the "non-owned"
- Describe some of the most important endorsements used
with this policy.
- Undertake the gathering and underwriting of
information and a review of the application form.
- A look at some of the many rating systems used in the
industry and how to best measure risk.
Melanie Needham, FCIP, CRM
President, MRD Training & Consulting Inc.
The price of our full-day seminars include breakfast snacks upon
arrival, morning and afternoon refreshments, and
- Prices below are for IIO Members
- Non-members and renewing members
please note that if applicable, the IIO membership
fee will be automatically added to your cart.
-No refunds, credit notes issued only with 48 hour
-Fees noted below do not include hst.
If you have any questions or for assistance with
registration, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pricing for this seminar varies based on your membership. Prices exclude tax
CIP Graduate Early Bird (Until Feb 7)
IIO Member Early Bird (Deadline: Feb 7)