Your Pathway to Insurance Professionalism
• This two-course certificate program provides a solid understanding of the principles and practices of property and casualty insurance.
• Upon successful completion a GIE certificate is awarded at your Local Institute or Chapter’s Convocation.
• Serves as a great platform for entry-level insurance professionals, non-core insurance employees (finance, HR, IT, etc.).
• Also used to license agents, brokers and adjusters in several provinces Visit licensing for additional details.
• As a successful graduate of the GIE Program you’ll also be exempt from taking the C11: Principles and Practice of Insurance course towards the CIP (Chartered Insurance Professional) designation
C81: General Insurance Essentials - Part 1 introduces you to the concepts and fundamentals that underlie the practice of insurance in Canada.
C82: General Insurance Essentials - Part 2 builds on the concepts and fundamentals introduced in Part 1, and outlines specific types of insurance, policy forms, and coverages.
We offer three learning options for the GIE Program:
• Classroom learning
• Independent study
• Virtual learning
The GIE Program.
Your Pathway to Insurance Professionalism.