Associate Customer Service (ACS) Program
CIP students are studying to achieve the premier designation in the Canadian property and casualty (p&c) insurance industry. The Insurance Institute has partnered with LOMA, to offer CIP students the opportunity to earn an Associate Customer Service (ACS) designation while studying to attain their CIP. The ACS Program is a customized self-study customer service course, geared toward the p&c insurance industry. It provides a solid knowledge base for service professionals. Upon completion of the ACS Program, you will receive the ACS certificate and designation from LOMA.
The program, consists of five courses, including three required and two elective courses. These include:
C11: Principles and Practice of Insurance OR C81: General Insurance Essentials - Part 1 AND C82: General Insurance Essentials - Part 2
C12: Insurance on Property OR C13: Insurance Against Liability
ACS 100: Foundations of Customer Service (Textbook Version) OR ACS 101: Customer Service for Insurance Professionals (Online Version)
• A comparison document for the ACS 100 and ACS 101 courses is available on the LOMA website.
Complete any two (2) of the following CIP courses:
• C12: Insurance on Property OR C13: Insurance Against Liability (whichever was not taken as a required course)
• C110: Essentials of Loss Adjusting
• C111: Advanced Loss Adjusting
• C120: Underwriting Essentials OR C121: Advanced Underwriting
• C130: Essential Skills for the Insurance Broker and Agent OR C131: Advanced Skills for the Insurance Broker and Agent
Note: If you have completed C17: Claims 1 earlier than or by July 2004, you may use this credit to replace the C110: Essentials of Loss Adjusting credit.