Risk Management Certificate
The three-course Risk Management Certificate program offers p&c insurance industry tailored content suited for those looking to further their risk qualifications.
Download the brochure
Completion of this program will provide you with the tools and knowledge to create comprehensive risk management strategies for clients, including:
• Understanding the context of risk in an insurance role
• Analyzing risk exposure
• Developing analytical skills to determine the effects of risk and mitigation techniques
• Demonstrating professional commitment to your career
• Potential to provide entry into management roles
Successfully complete all three Risk Management Certificate courses with the Insurance Institute of Canada and you may be eligible to receive credit for two elective courses in the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation program.
Canadian Risk Management designation:
The Global Risk Management Institute (GRMI) issues the Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation to students who pass the CRM exams after completing the three courses. A transcript must be submitted by the student to GRMI to be awarded the CRM designation. Students are permitted to register for a CRM examination after signing up for a course.
The Canadian Risk Management designation is issued by GRMI and recognized by the Risk and Insurance Management Society Inc. To maintain the CRM designation students must maintain an annual membership with GRMI.
The CRM exam fees can be found on the RIMS website.
Who should take the Risk Management certificate?
• Insurance distributors: brokers, agents, managing general agents, wholesalers
• Underwriters in risk analysis roles
• Loss prevention/fraud roles
• Operational risk management insurance roles
• Risk management roles outside of the insurance industry
Interested in learning more about the role of a risk manager? Our Career Connections site has a full career profile detailing the role.
Our new career mapping tool can help you navigate your career in risk management from building knowledge and experience to mastery. Learn more here.
Insurance Institute membership benefits:
When you enrol in the Risk Management Certificate program, you will also become a member of your local Insurance Institute, offering many benefits to insurance professionals.
Contact Member Services for specific details and information at 1-866-362-8585