Licensing in Northern Alberta
Give yourself the best chance of success in your licensing exam.
The Insurance Institute is a trusted source of education for the p&c industry in Canada, and we want to ensure that new entrants to our industry are well-prepared.
Licensing exams can be challenging—which is where we come in.
We provide study resources to prepare you to take the exams for the Alberta General Licence or the Alberta Independent Adjuster Licence. We have proven success. As a trusted source of education for the p&c industry in Canada, we want to ensure that new entrants to our industry are well-prepared.
Updated study resources to help you pass your Alberta licensing exams.
Our new, streamlined course materials for Broker/Agent licensing align with the Alberta Insurance Council’s new licensing exams for Level One and Level Two. It provides you with the curriculum you will need to prepare for the Alberta General (Broker/Agent) licensing exams, and includes practice exam questions to give you even more preparation for your exams.
Top reasons to choose us:
• Updated, tailored content. The content for our courses are freshly updated and have been developed based on the Alberta Insurance Council’s Curriculum Design Document. The content meets the direct knowledge requirements for general insurance level one agents and brokers in Alberta.
• Practical knowledge. You will be able to use the knowledge from our course to be highly successful in a brokerage/agency setting, which will enable you to build a solid foundation for a great career.
• Online tutorial with hundreds of practice exam questions. And you get access for three months. Every part of this licensing course supports you to prepare for your licensing exam - at your convenience.
• Flexible formats. We know you’re busy, so we are pleased to offer our licensing courses in different learning formats to suit your needs.
• Membership is included. The cost of our course includes membership with the Insurance Institute of Southern or Northern Alberta, your trusted local resource for insurance education and professional development.
• Extended access to recorded virtual classes and instructional support for three months.
• Credit towards the CIP Program. Once you've passed the licensing exam, you will be eligible for credit towards the highly-recognized CIP designation program.
New to the Industry?
Visit our "General Information for Newcomers" page for additional information on how licensing works in Alberta.
We wish you all the very best in your broker licensing exams and look forward to assisting you to prepare effectively.