R120: Risk Assessment and Treatment
From the Risk Management Certificate Program
Special live in-class/virtual offering at the Insurance Institute of Newfoundland & Labrador
Starts September 7, 2020 to November 30, 2020
Mondays at 7pm NST (5:30 EST)
This course delves into the identification and resolution of risk. You will learn analysis techniques used to identify risks and outline alternatives to manage risks, including the transfer of risk to insurance and financial organizations. The course targets and provides treatment methods for specific and emerging risks, such as cyber and reputation.
Course materials include a textbook and a course guide.
Evaluation for this course is based on the following:
- Midterm exam (unproctored and delivered through the course web page on our e-learning website)
- Final exam (held at a Computer-based Examination Centre. When you register, a booking confirmation with pertinent information will be emailed to you)
Length: One term (13 weeks).
Delivery: Live instruction either in-class at our office, or tune in virtually from the location of your choice - all you need is a connection to the internet.
Time commitment: About 6-8 hours per week to complete readings, learning activities and discussion.
GET YOUR CRM DESIGNATION
This course is recognized by RIMS, the risk management society. Successful completion of the courses in the Institute's Risk Management Certificate Program will allow individuals to meet the foundational course requirements of the Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation, which is awarded by the Global Risk Management Institute (GRMI).
All CRM candidates must also pass standardized exams administered by GRMI. Proof of registration in this course will qualify individuals to register for the corresponding GRMI exam.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER
Courses in the Insurance Institute’s Risk Management Certificate program are designed for individuals who want to further their risk qualifications, including:
• Insurance distributors: brokers, agents, managing general agents, wholesalers
• Underwriters in risk analysis roles
• Loss prevention/fraud roles
• Operational risk management insurance roles
• Risk management roles outside of the insurance industry