CIP Policies and important information
Did you know you can earn CE credits by taking a CIP class? Learn more.
1. Virtual classes: If you prefer to learn from the comfort of your own environment but still be connected to an instructor, we offer a number of live and self-paced virtual classes. If you'd like to attend a Virtual class, but you're not available on the night and time it's being held, contact our office!
2. Weekend Warrior: Weekend Warrior classes are held on a Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday over two weekends. Send an email to Leona at email@example.com to request a Weekend Warrior class for the next semester.
3. Distance learning/independent study: If you can't find an in-class or virtual offering for the course you want to take, all our courses are available via distance learning.
4. Rewrite Support: Are you registered for a rewrite and looking for extra help? Rewrite Support could be for you! For $250 + HST you have full access to either Virtual or In class classes and instructors, including recorded sessions, but you're not required to attend classes, complete assignments, or write the midterm. Your grade is based solely upon the final exam.
5. Auditing a Course: Do you already have your CIP or FCIP? If one of our courses would be helpful in your current position, Auditing may be the answer for you. You don't write the final examination or receive a CIP credit, but you do benefit from quality instruction. You pay $250 + HST plus the cost of books, if required, but no examination fee.
Contact the Insurance Institute of Newfoundland and Labrador for more information on these methods of tuition.
Please download a copy of the National CIP Class Policies to familiarize yourself with our regulations on registration, withdrawals and transfers.