Home Study Level 1 Licensing
General Insurance Essentials
Great news! We've updated our GIE/Level 1 licensing study materials.
As of August 1, 2018, you're studying from completely updated and enhanced licensing materials. Respected industry experts and adult learning specialists played key roles in this update. You’ll benefit from the latest, most relevant content that reflects important changes to the insurance industry.
This home study route is the best to take if you:
• Are looking to complete the level 1 broker or adjuster licensing program in the least amount of time.
• Prefer to study at home, at your own pace (you have up to 6 months to complete the program).
• Would like a flexible exam date.
This option is offered locally through the Insurance Institute of BC, with all materials mailed out via Canada Post from the local office once registration processed.
• Home Study Kit: $558.85 (includes two textbooks, online tutorial, membership, exam, and shipping fee)
• Exam/Rewrite Fee: $150.00
• Exam Cancellations/Rescheduling/Absence Fee: $26.25
• Please note that fees are subject to change.
Please complete this form and return it to our office.
|On-demand Licensing Exams:
Most Mondays from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
The Insurance Institute of BC office
A proctor is located near you at a date convenient for you
From the date you register for the program, you have 6 months to take the exam.
To schedule your Level 1 licensing exam or rewrite, click here.
The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions and 70% is required to pass.
Email notification of exam results will be sent within one business day for exams held at our office, and within two to three business days for exams outside the lower mainland or at college partners.