Home Study Level 1 Licensing
General Insurance Essentials
The Insurance Institute is committed to providing the most up-to-date, relevant licensing course content to ensure you are well-prepared for your new career.
Course material includes up-to-date and enhanced licensing textbooks including a new BC Auto Supplement. Respected industry experts and adult learning specialists played key roles in textbook & course development. Students benefit from current content that reflects important changes to the insurance industry.
The Home Study course is best for you if you:
• Are looking to complete the level 1 broker or adjuster licensing program in the least amount of time
• Prefer to study at home, at your own pace - students have up to 4 months to complete the program
• Home Study course kit: $609.05 includes textbooks, exam fee, an interactive study aid (online tutorial), local membership, shipping, and applicable taxes.
• Examination Rewrite fee: $165.00
• Exam Cancellation/Rescheduling/Absence fee: $26.25
• Exam Proctor fee: $52.50 (separate from exam fee)
Course material: 2020 edition of the GIE C81 and C82 textbooks, plus a 2022 BC Auto Insurance Supplement.
Home-study course kits are not eligible for cancellations or refunds.
Click here to complete the on-line form. Once it is submitted, you can phone, 778-328-3456, during the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, to pay for the course.
Home Study students have up to four months from the date of purchase to complete their study and write the exam. Students wishing to write the exam beyond their four month course deadline may be subject to a $165 exam fee.
New! BC Licensing Level One Recorded Lectures.
Specially designed to complement the Home Study kit, we are now offering pre-recorded lessons. This format is perfect for those who prefer a flexible hybrid learning environment.
- Recorded Lessons – industry examples, anecdotes and real-life situations help you grasp the concepts.
- PowerPoint presentations – a copy is available for you to print for each chapter.
Give yourself the best chance of success in your Licensing exam!
You will get 6-month unlimited access for $100 + gst (does not include the cost of the study kit, membership, or exam). For more details or to register please call 778-328-3456.
|Virtually Proctored Online Licensing Exams:
Level 1 licensing examinations are offered in an online format with virtual proctors. For more information on exam dates, requirements, exam competencies, and study skills and exam writing presentation, or to register for an exam, visit the licensing exams page.