Home Study Level 1 Licensing
General Insurance Essentials
Best route to take if you:
• Are looking to complete the level 1 broker or adjuster licensing program in the least amount of time.
• Prefer to study at home, at your own pace (you have up to 6 months to complete the program).
• Would like a flexible exam date.
This option is offered locally through the Insurance Institute of BC, with all materials mailed out via Canada Post from the local office once registration processed.
• From the day you register for the program, you have six months to take the exam.
• For students residing in the lower mainland, the exam is taken at our local office.
• Exam sessions are held most Mondays from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
To schedule your Level 1 licensing exam or rewrite, click here.
• Please indicate which Monday morning you want to write for lower mainland students.
• For out-of-town students, please indicate several dates during the business week and times, as well as city you wish to take exam.
• Please allow two weeks notice for outside lower mainland exams.
The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions and 70% is required to pass.
Email notification of exam results will be sent within one business day for exams held at our office, and within two to three business days for exams outside the lower mainland or at college partners.
• Home Study Kit: $558.85 (includes two textbooks, online tutorial, membership, exam, and shipping fee)
• Exam/Rewrite Fee: $150.00
• Exam Cancellations/Rescheduling/Absence Fee: $26.25
• Please note that fees are subject to change.
Please complete this form and return it to our office.