BC General Insurance Licensing Education
This licensing program offers the education required by the Insurance Council of BC to obtain either a Level 1 Salesperson Licence, selling Autoplan and Homeowner policies; or a Level 1 Adjuster Licence, processing claims. It uses topics from the Insurance Institute’s General Insurance Essentials (GIE) course, but with a single exam for licensing purposes.
• Home Study - Available All Year
• In-Class College Partners - Spring 2018 - Douglas College, Langara College, VIU
• Virtual Live On-Line - Next course January 2019
• Fast Track 6 Day Immersion - Starts July 25, 2018
Exam sessions are held most Mondays from 9:30 to 11:30am at the Insurance Institute office. To schedule your level 1 licensing exam or rewrite, click here. Please indicate which Monday morning you want to write for lower mainland students.
For out-of-town students, please indicate several dates during the business week and times, as well as city you wish to take exam. Please allow two weeks notice for exams. Click here to request exam date.
How do we help you get ready for licensing?
Watch our short video to find out.
• Broker/Agent Level 1
• Broker/Agent Level 2
• Broker/Agent Level 3
• Independent Adjuster Level 1
• Independent Adjuster Level 2
• Independent Adjuster Level 3
Because this sector needs talented and experienced people in virtually every discipline and every skill set. Property & casualty insurance offers career longevity, above average job security, and career advancement opportunities. The Career Connections
website is your gateway to careers in the property & casualty insurance industry, and includes:
• A quiz to find your place in the insurance industry
• Salary range information for each career
• Career videos and occupation profiles for the different career paths
• Career job postings
You may be surprised to find that insurance isn’t what you think. It’s a whole lot more.