Spring CIP Courses in British Columbia
Choose your class format to suit your schedule!
Register now for the chance to win a $100 gift card.
Register for a Spring CIP course by April 9, 2018 and remain enrolled after the second week of your class, and you could win one of six $100 gift cards to Chapters or Best Buy.
1. In-class learning: if you prefer a classroom environment, check out our in-class options by clicking your course link below.
2. Virtual classes: if you prefer to learn from the comfort of your own environment but still be connected to an instructor, we offer a number of live and self-paced virtual classes. Click your course link below
3. Distance learning/independent study: if you can't find an in-class or virtual offering for the course you want to take, all our courses are available via distance learning.
• Virtual Classes: Virtual classes are live, online classes that you can do from anywhere with an internet connection. Students must have their midterm exams supervised by their employer and must agree to the Rules & Regulations of the Midterm Supervision Agreement by submitting the form before their midterm. See more information on virtual learning
• Midterm dates for Winter virtual classes:
C11, C14 - Tuesday, February 27, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. Pacific Time
C12, C111 - Tuesday, March 6, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. Pacific Time
C16, C130, C131 - Wednesday, March 7, 2018 from 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. Pacific Time
• Midterm dates for Spring virtual classes:
To be announced. Midterms will likely take place in late May or early June.
• Paying by cheque? Don't require books?: Please complete our BC Manual Registration form and ensure you fax or email your form as soon as possible to reserve your seat.
• Textbooks: Books for students enrolled in virtual and Fast Track classes will be shipped to the business address on file. Please ensure the contact information in your online account is accurate or additional shipping fees may be levied. Textbooks for evening classes are distributed during the first class. Please note: Online tutorials are only available with textbook purchases.
• Withdrawals and Cancellations: Withdrawal requests must be made in writing prior to the deadline. Deadline for evening In-Class/Virtual courses is prior to the second class. Deadline for Spring 2018 Fast Track courses is May 4, 2018. Approved requests will be subject to a $63.00 fee and course text charge. Membership and shipping fees are non-refundable.
Transferring to Distance Learning, to another semester, or to another province's class is considered a cancellation.
Transferring to another BC In-class, Virtual, or Fast Track Course in the same semester can be arranged, and may be subject to a $26.25 administration fee.
For all withdrawal or cancellation requests, please email Claire Hurl.
There's still time to sit for an April exam. Check out our condensed-format courses:
C11: Principles & Practice of Insurance. Starts February 24.
C12: Insurance on Property. Starts March 3.
C14: Automobile Insurance. Starts March 3
C16: The Business of Insurance. Starts March 3
C120: Underwriting Essentials. Starts March 3.
C130: Essential Skills for the Insurance Broker & Agent. Starts March 3.
• View our Winter 2018 CIP Schedule
Spring 2018 Classes
• View our Spring 2018 CIP Schedule
• CE Credits: 8 technical credits are available upon successful completion of a CIP course.
Five (5) courses required.
Credit transfers may be available for C11 if you have prior insurance education. Learn more.
Three (3) courses required.
Credit transfers may be available if you have prior insurance education. Learn more.
Two (2) courses required.
Credit transfers may be available for electives if you have prior insurance education. Learn more.
Don't see what you're looking for listed here? Check out our distance learning, in-class and virtual offerings across the country.