CIP Courses in British Columbia
Do More with the CIP
Get the designation valued by industry leaders
✔ Elevate your knowledge to serve your customers
✔ Stay updated on industry trends
✔ Network with others in the industry
CIP SPRING / SUMMER – April Class Registration Deadline April 27!
All spring classes will be offered virtually. June course registration closes June 15, 2020.
In addition to our regular spring classes beginning in mid-April, we are also offering accelerated spring / summer virtual classes beginning mid-June with exams being held in August.
Take a look at our spring / summer [pdf] schedule.
Midterms: There will be no virtual midterms. Please do NOT complete the online supervisor agreement. Midterms will be assignment based for spring semester.
Which learning format is best for you?
See our handy new table listing the features and benefits of classroom, virtual class and distance learning / independent study.
Your course receipt is also your course confirmation for all BC virtual courses. You can access your receipt online by login into your membership account.
Please ensure you're familiar with our class policies, manual registration form, and important information.
• 2018 Edition Textbooks for - C11: Principles and Practice of Insurance, C110: Essentials of Loss Adjusting, C120: Underwriting Essentials
• 2019 Edition Textbooks for fall semester - C13: Insurance Against Liability, C14: Automobile Insurance - Part 1 (BC), and C130: Essential Skills for the Insurance Broker and Agent
• Spring 2020 semester, these textbooks will be new: C16: Business of Insurance, C111: Advanced Loss Adjusting, C121: Advanced Underwriting, and C131: Advanced Skills for the Insurance Broker and Agent
• Fall 2020 semester, C12: Insurance on Property
• CE Credits: 8 technical credits are available upon successful completion of a CIP course.
• C70: Gateway to Commercial Insurance
In this class you'll identify, define and explain the essentials of commercial insurance. This course also qualifies as the first course in our new Commercial Insurance Certificate and MGA Designation Program. We are not offering this course in BC for spring 2020 semester.
Southern Alberta joint virtual classes
Note: these two classes are in Alberta time and begin at 5 p.m. for BC.
Five (5) courses required.
Credit transfers may be available for C11 if you have prior insurance education. Learn more.
Three (3) courses required.
Credit transfers may be available if you have prior insurance education. Learn more.
Two (2) courses required.
Credit transfers may be available for electives if you have prior insurance education. Learn more.
Don't see what you're looking for listed here? Check out our distance learning, in-class and virtual offerings across the country.