CIP Courses in British Columbia
Do More with the CIP
Get the designation valued by industry leaders
✔ Elevate your knowledge to serve your customers
✔ Stay updated on industry trends
✔ Network with others in the industry
CIP WINTER SEMESTER – Classes Selling Out - Register Now!
Click on the options in the table below or take a look at our Winter 2021 CIP Schedule [pdf] .
All our winter classes are live-virtual classes, with a great mix of evening, as well as the popular fast track format over 5 Saturdays.
Final Exam Period: April 1 - 14, 2021
Final exams will be offered in a virtually proctored format. If you cannot write in the virtually proctored format, there is an alternative solution available on set dates from April 19 - 23, 2021. Please schedule your exam date and time now.
Which learning format is best for you?
See our handy new table listing the features and benefits of classroom, virtual class and distance learning / independent study. Due to COVID-19 only live virtual and independent study course options are available for winter 2021.
Your course receipt is also your course confirmation for all BC virtual courses. You can access your receipt online by logging into your membership account.
Please ensure you're familiar with our class policies and important information.
• 2018 Edition Textbooks for - C11: Principles and Practice of Insurance, C110: Essentials of Loss Adjusting, C120: Underwriting Essentials
• 2019 Edition Textbooks for fall semester - C13: Insurance Against Liability, C14: Automobile Insurance - Part 1 (BC), and C130: Essential Skills for the Insurance Broker and Agent
• Spring 2020 semester, these textbooks will be new: C16: Business of Insurance, C111: Advanced Loss Adjusting, C121: Advanced Underwriting, and C131: Advanced Skills for the Insurance Broker and Agent
• Fall 2020 semester, C12: Insurance on Property
• Winter 2021 semester, C20: Cyber Risk
Important: textbooks will be shipped to the address selected in the order.
• CE Credits: 8 technical credits are available upon successful completion of a CIP course.
• C70: Gateway to Commercial Insurance
We are offering this course in BC for fall 2020 semester. In this class you'll identify, define and explain the essentials of commercial insurance. This course also qualifies as the first course in our new Commercial Insurance Certificate and MGA Designation Program.
Five (5) courses required.
Credit transfers may be available for C11 if you have prior insurance education. Learn more.
Three (3) courses required.
Credit transfers may be available if you have prior insurance education. Learn more.
Two (2) courses required.
Credit transfers may be available for electives if you have prior insurance education. Learn more.
Don't see what you're looking for listed here? Check out our distance learning, in-class and virtual offerings across the country.