C81 General Insurance Essentials—Part 1
Please note that the final examination for this
course is a computer-based exam.
Insurance Essentials has been designed as a two-part course: C81 General
Insurance Essentials—Part 1 and C82 General Insurance Essentials—Part 2.
In Part 1,
you are introduced to the concepts and fundamentals that underlie the practice
of insurance in Canada.
- Introduction to Risk and Insurance
- Insurance Categories and Functions
- Insurance Companies
- Sales and Distribution of Insurance: The Role of
- Insurance as a Contract: The Insurance
- Underwriting and Rating: Setting Insurance
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Regulatory Framework
Who Should Register
This course is recommended
to newcomers to the insurance industry who are either recently hired by
an insurance organization or who are looking to get their first job within the
industry. The course is also ideal for anyone who has been away from formal
education programs for a while and would like to enrol in an entry level course
as part of their professional development. The course and program are used in a
number of provinces as study material for broker and agent licensing.