Welcome to the Kawartha/Durham Chapter.
How can we help you?
Ethics for the Modern Broker webinar
In our one-hour webinar, you'll learn how to identify and address ethical dilemmas, while earning your Ethics CE credit requirement.
Ethics for the Modern Broker | May 30 | 1 - 2 p.m. (EST) | Complimentary for members
Can't make this date? Take a look at the other dates we've tentatively scheduled.
CIP Spring Courses: Secure your spot now
If you're serious about your insurance career, the CIP has proven value:
• Equip yourself with knowledge and do a better, more thorough job
• Employers look for the CIP when making hiring decisions
See what we have on offer
New Commercial Insurance Certificate
Get the skills you need to craft commercial solutions with our three-course program. Learn more.
Trends Papers from the CIP Society - new papers added frequently
Read up on the latest industry trends with these free online resources offered by the CIP Society for all members.
Visit our Trends Paper page for the full library of papers and our Insights and Research page for the full listing of research reports.
Must-attend events and seminars
Commercial Auto: Fleet and Garage Auto Insurance Policies (Webinar) – May 23
Join us for this jam-packed webinar covering everything you need to know as a new industry employee, or as someone moving from personal lines to commercial lines. Learn More
Commercial Auto: Commercial Vehicle Operators Registration (CVOR) Certificates (Webinar) – June 10
Join us for this half-day webinar as we navigate our way through reading and understanding the CVOR and using it as an underwriting tool as well as a sales tool. Learn More
Licensing: give yourself the best chance of success on your exam
Are you looking to begin a new career as an insurance Broker or Agent? The Insurance Institute wants to help you succeed.
We offer courses in several formats to suit your needs - including a new online class.
• Broker (RIBO) Level 1 Licensing
• Agent (OTL) Licensing
Do you live or work in Toronto?
You may also be interested in events, seminars and classes held by our GTA Chapter.
Follow us on Twitter!
The Insurance Institute of Ontario - Kawartha/Durham is on twitter. Join the conversation and follow us at @IIOKaw_Dur.
DID YOU KNOW?
• Continuing Education - Did you know that students taking CIP courses in Ontario are eligible for 16 RIBO technical hours, except for C16 and C132 that are eligible for 20 management hours? Contact your local chapter for details. firstname.lastname@example.org. Continuing education credits from seminars will vary depending on the type and length of seminar. More information is available on each of the seminar information pages.
• Take a look at our flickr page to view photos of events that happen in our chapter.
If your goal is to set yourself up for an exciting insurance career, the Insurance Institute is where you belong. Take your education and career to a whole new level. Membership with the Insurance Institute will give you the edge you need to succeed.