Welcome to the Hamilton/Niagara Chapter.
How can we help you?
We're celebrating National Education Month!
During National Education Month, February 1-28, learn how insurance education can build on career growth—all the way to leadership. You’ll also learn how education can be used as part of your onboarding program to ensure new employees are set up for success.
National Webinars: Complimentary for members
Feb 20 | 1 to 2 pm EST | Flood Risk: How brokers can help their clients
Feb 27 | 1 to 2:15 pm EST | Building Your Brand and Your Career
Ethics for the Modern Broker webinars
In our one-hour webinar, you'll learn how to identify and address ethical dilemmas, while earning your Ethics CE credit requirement.
Save the date for this upcoming webinar:
• March 27, 1pm EST
We're still confirming details, but registration will be available from March 14.
New dates are being added and will be posted here when confirmed.
CIP Spring courses now available
If you're serious about your insurance career, the CIP has proven value:
• Equip yourself with knowledge and do a better, more thorough job
• Employers look for the CIP when making hiring decisions
See what we have on offer
New Commercial Insurance Certificate
Get the skills you need to craft commercial solutions with our three-course program. Learn more.
Trends Papers from the CIP Society - new papers added frequently
Read up on the latest industry trends with these free online resources offered by the CIP Society for all members.
Visit our Trends Paper page for the full library of papers and our Insights and Research page for the full listing of research reports.
Must-attend events and seminars
Annual Convocation & Awards Dinner (2019) - February 27
Join us as we celebrate the hard work and dedication of our newest Fellow, Chartered Insurance Professionals and Risk Management Certificate graduates. A great opportunity to enjoy yourself with family, friends and colleagues. Register Now
Cyber Coverage Sales: Winning Approaches to Get Results - May 8
Are your cyber sales efforts stalling when there should be a flood of new business? Do you struggle to have the cyber risk conversation with your clients, and never seem to get anywhere? If you answered 'yes', this half-day seminar is for you. Register Now
Breakfast & Fireside Chat - May 28
An amazing group of industry professionals will join us for a panel discussion on hot topics, including cannabis, leadership and cyber insurance. Register Now
Interested in holding a seminar at the Hamilton/Niagara Chapter? Please contact Dawn Cant Elliott at email@example.com or at 905-574-1820.
Licensing: give yourself the best chance of success on your exam
Are you looking to begin a new career as an insurance Broker or Agent? The Insurance Institute wants to help you succeed.
We offer courses in several formats to suit your needs - including a new online class.
• Broker (RIBO) Level 1 Licensing
• Broker (RIBO) Level 3 Licensing - July 29 - August 2
• Agent (OTL) Licensing
It's time to renew your membership!
Are you taking advantage of your membership benefits?
We rely on the support of members like you to be able to achieve the goals that have been set for us by the industry. In return, we’re able to provide you with many benefits. Learn about the benefits and renew now
Follow us on Twitter!
The Insurance Institute of Ontario – Hamilton/Niagara is on Twitter. Join the conversation and follow us at @IIOHam_Nia.
Did you Know?
• We have our own Flickr Page, dedicated to sharing photos of special events and seminars held at the Hamilton/Niagara Chapter office! Check back frequently to see photos of recent events.
• Volunteer for your local Chapter - Have you often thought you would like to give back to your industry? The Hamilton /Niagara Chapter has various volunteer opportunities and we would like to discuss the options available with you. Contact the chapter for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Training & Meeting Room Rentals - Are you looking for a professional meeting room and training space for your Hamilton and Niagara area business needs? The IIO - Hamilton/Niagara chapter offers affordable space solutions that will suit you. Located on East Mountain in Hamilton, we have several state-of-the-art rooms with modern conveniences. Download our flyer to learn more. [PDF]
If your goal is to set yourself up for an exciting insurance career, the Insurance Institute is where you belong. Take your education and career to a whole new level. Membership with the Insurance Institute will give you the edge you need to succeed.