Broker (RIBO) Licences in the GTA
Give yourself the best chance of success in your licensing exam!
If you need flexibility in your study but would also like the benefit of peer group settings and access to an instructor, this course is for you.
Insurance brokers are independent insurance professionals, and in Ontario are governed by the Registered Insurance Brokers Act and licensed though the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO). Brokers sell all types of p&c coverages including home, business, and automobile insurance. They offer product choice from a variety of companies and offer independent advice, always representing their clients' best interests.
• All brokers who are licensed in Ontario must follow a code of conduct.
• Every registered insurance broker must meet certain qualification standards and continuing education requirements, established by RIBO.
• Every registered insurance broker must be bonded and covered by an Errors & Omissions insurance policy.
For more information about Insurance Broker licensing please contact the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO).
The Insurance Institute sells the materials needed to study and successfully pass the exams required to be licensed as an Insurance broker.
Please select the level below for more information on options available in the GTA:
RIBO Broker Licence – Level I - Entry Level | New! Online class offering
RIBO Broker Licence – Level II - Technical
RIBO Broker Licence – Level III – Management
Moving from another Province or Territory?
Learn about equivalency exams.
Broker (RIBO) Licence - Level 1 - Entry Level
Regulated by the Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO), the successful completion of the entry-level examination allows you to provide insurance services under the supervision of a senior broker. The materials in the Ontario Broker Licensing Kit introduces you to the insurance business, insurance intermediaries, the insurance company, basic documents, insurance practices and automobile insurance. It also covers, at an introductory level, law and insurance, insurance contracts, insurance organizations, fire insurance, the Homeowners policy, personal lines policies, liability insurance, commercial insurance coverage, reinsurance, risk management and loss prevention. Additional materials provide additional understanding of the unique Ontarian perspective.
Recognition towards the CIP program: Upon successful completion of this licensing course, you may be eligible to apply to the Insurance Institute of Ontario to receive credit for C11: Principles and Practice of Insurance, one of the 10 courses in the CIP program.
Here in the GTA, we provide the following options to suit your preferred learning mode:
1. Online class
2. Self-study kit
Online class preparation
Broker (RIBO) Online Exam Preparation Course for Ontario
You get 90-day unlimited access to the recorded lessons, and a variety of additional resources—all designed to help you prepare to pass your exam.
Learn from a seasoned industry professional instructor who will guide you to the relevant knowledge you need. This course gives you the flexibility you need to learn, at the time and location that works for you—with the added advantage of the support provided by your instructor. Additionally, you’ll get 90 days access to all parts of this course via our e-learning platform.
Specially designed so that you can take it at your own pace and work your learning around your schedule, this comprehensive course will give you the best possible chance to succeed in your licensing exam.
Resources included in this course are:
• Recorded lessons that cover all the materials you need to know to pass the exam.
You get to take the class at the time and location of your choice – offering you the flexibility to fit learning into your busy schedule.
• Small group discussions.
You’ll have access to two live teleconferences with an instructor and a small group of other learners taking the course. We do these twice a month in the evenings, and each one runs for two hours. We schedule them in advance and will send you the schedule so you can choose which sessions you’d like to attend.
• ‘Ask the Instructor’ resource.
Sometimes you just need to ask an instructor, so we’re pleased to be able to offer this to you. Through our e-learning platform, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions to an actual instructor. Additionally, all other instructor questions and answers will be available for you to see.
• Lesson quizzes.
Based on the content of the lessons, the multiple choice quizzes allow you to test your knowledge throughout the course.
• Practice multiple-choice questions.
Designed in a similar style to the exam questions you will face, these allow you to test your comprehension and recall of the content, and gauge how well you know the material before writing the exam itself.
Are you ready to start your 90-day access and prepare to pass your licensing exam?
Purchase the online course now
Broker (RIBO) Online Licensing Exam Preparation Course for Ontario
Cost of online course:
$ 465.00 - IIO Member standard fee excluding HST.
- Price listed is for IIO Members. If you are a new or renewing member, you can become an IIO Member at the time you purchase this course.
- RIBO Exam fee: The fee for this program does not include the RIBO exam fee. Please contact RIBO for details on how to register/pay for the exam.
- Do you have the current Broker Level 1 licensing kit? This kit provides foundation of your study materials for this course, and is not included with the cost of this course. If you have not recently purchased a study kit, learn more here.
- Want access to hundreds of practice exam questions? We highly recommend also purchasing the new Online Tutorial. Learn more here.
How to purchase:
At this time, we're offering registration via email or phone.
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call us at 416-362-8586 ext.2244
• We're happy to answer any questions you might have regarding the RIBO licensing process.