Virtual Insurance Licensing in Nova Scotia
Give yourself the best chance of success in your licensing exam.
The Insurance Institute is a trusted source of education for the p&c industry in Canada, and we want to ensure that new entrants to our industry are well-prepared.
5-day Virtual Level 1 Licensing
The Insurance Institute of Nova Scotia is pleased to offer a live virtual course which meets the educational requirement of the NS Superintendent of Insurance to provide a NS Level 1 General License.
||March 4 - 10, 2021 (5 days)
||8:30am until 4:30pm daily
||$895 (+hst) - Complimentary membership included, Virtual exam fee not included
||Online, March 8 - 26
||Liz Cosgrove, CAIB
||April 22, 2021
Please note: Contact Lisa Leblanc at email@example.com in order to reserve your spot in an up-coming licensing course.
Cost includes course textbooks, online tutorial, complimentary membership, class materials, shipping fee, and NS Level 1 exam fee (but not the virtual proctoring fee).
This virtual course is a condensed format. Students will move through the course material quite rapidly, and as such, should be fully committed to completing any assigned readings and/or homework in a timely fashion to support their learning. The expectation is that all textbook materials should be read before attending the first class.
For additional information, contact Lisa Leblanc.
Virtual course format benefits:
- Our team of licensing instructors are experienced in the classroom and bring a wealth of knowledge to the classroom based on many years working in the insurance industry.
- No travelling to another location - attend class from home or work
- Convenient for those living in remote areas
- Licensing exams are two (2) hours in duration | 100 multiple-choice questions | 75% is required to pass
- Exams for the course are written online with a virtual proctor. The exact day and time is scheduled by the student after exam registration.
- Virtual proctoring involves the installation of software on a candidate’s laptop/computer and use of a webcam, among other requirements. The virtual proctor closely monitors candidate activity during the exam.
- Online licensing exams are subject to an additional fee, per candidate, per attempt which will be applied once registration with virtual proctor is complete.
- For further information on virtually proctored exams, please visit our licensing page.
Once you have successfully completed the course, you will be eligible to apply to the Insurance Institute of Canada to receive a credit for the CIP course,C11: Principles and Practice of Insurance.
IINS-NSGL 5-day Virtual Class - March 4, 2021
|IINS-NSGL 5-day Virtual Class - March 4, 2021
|NS Level 1 - 5 Day Licensing Textbooks
|NS Level 1 Licensing Materials
|IINS-Level 1 Licensing Exam-5-day Virtual
|Licensing Kit Shipping Fee