CIP Class Policies and Important Information
Did you know you can earn CE credits by taking a CIP class? Learn more.
1. Virtual classes: If you prefer to learn from the comfort of your own environment but still be connected to an instructor, we offer a number of live and self-paced virtual classes. If you'd like to attend a Virtual class, but you're not available on the night and time it's being held, contact our office!
2. Weekend Warrior: Weekend Warrior classes are held on a Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday over two weekends. We are offering C13 Insurance Against Liability Pt 1, and C110 Essentials of Loss Adjusting, by Weekend Warrior in the Winter 2019 semester.
3. Distance learning/independent study: If you can't find an in-class or virtual offering for the course you want to take, all our courses are available via distance learning.
4. Rewrite Support: Are you registered for a rewrite and looking for extra help? Rewrite Support could be for you! For $175 + HST you have full access to either Virtual or Weekend Warrior classes and instructors, including recorded sessions, but you're not required to attend classes, complete assignments, or write the midterm. Your final grade will be based solely upon the final exam.
5. Auditing a Course: Do you already have your CIP or FCIP, but one of the CIP classes would be helpful in your current position? Auditing may be the answer for your. You aren't required to write the final exam, and you won't receive a CIP credit, but you will benefit from quality instruction. Cost is $175 + HST, plus the cost of books if required, but no examination fee.
Contact the Insurance Institute of Nova Scotia for more information on these methods of tuition.
Please download a copy of the National CIP Class Policies to familiarize yourself with our regulations on registration, withdrawals and transfers.