Spring CIP Courses in Nova Scotia
Spring semester is starting soon.
Employers know that each CIP course you take enhances your knowledge.
Spring 2018 CIP Classes
Did you know you can earn CE credits by taking a CIP class? Learn more.
Choose your class format to suit your schedule! Click the course links below to see what's available.
1. Virtual classes: If you prefer to learn from the comfort of your own environment but still be connected to an instructor, we offer a number of live and self-paced virtual classes. If you'd like to attend a Virtual class, but you're not available on the night and time it's being held, contact our office!
2. Weekend Warrior: Weekend Warrior classes are held on a Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday over two weekends. We don't currently have a Weekend Warrior class scheduled for the Spring semester, but if you would be interested in one, please email our office with your preferred course. If a minimum of six students want the same course, we'll try to organize one for you.
3. Distance learning/independent study: If you can't find an in-class or virtual offering for the course you want to take, all our courses are available via distance learning.
4. Rewrite Support: Are you registered for a rewrite and looking for extra help? Rewrite Support could be for you! For $175 + HST you have full access to either Virtual or Weekend Warrior classes and instructors, including recorded sessions, but you're not required to attend classes, complete assignments, or write the midterm. Your final grade will be based solely upon the final exam.
5. Auditing a Course: Do you already have your CIP or FCIP, but one of the CIP classes would be helpful in your current position? Auditing may be the answer for your. You aren't required to write the final exam, and you won't receive a CIP credit, but you will benefit from quality instruction. Cost is $175 + HST, plus the cost of books if required, but no examination fee.
Contact the Insurance Institute of Nova Scotia for more information on these methods of tuition.
Please download a copy of Nova Scotia's CIP Class Policies & Fee Schedule to familiarize yourself with our regulations on registration, payment, withdrawals and transfers. It also includes a registration form for those who choose to register and pay by cheque.
Five (5) courses required.
Credit transfers may be available for C11 if you have prior insurance education. Learn more.
Three (3) courses required.
Credit transfers may be available if you have prior insurance education. Learn more.
Two (2) courses required.
Credit transfers may be available for electives if you have prior insurance education. Learn more.
Don't see what you're looking for listed here? Check out our distance learning, in-class and virtual offerings across the country.