Dealing with Worplace Negativity
Webinar Leader: Stephen Franklin
Negativity is a major issue and a problem in many
Insurance workplaces. Griping, complaining, bad mouthing (about company,
customers, management, co-workers, etc.), a pessimistic response to new ideas…
these are all forms of negativity; and their impact is significant.
Reduced productivity and poor performance almost
always accompany an increase in negative conversation and behavior. Workplace
morale is affected, along with co-worker’s sense of job satisfaction. And
negativity breeds negativity. Left unchecked it spreads to others until it has
become a part of the culture; a poisoned workplace. This can
prompt the loss of valuable employees, while those who remain have
their "State of Motivation" adversely affected. The distraction, disruption and
drama created by negative individuals will compromise a team’s ability to
accomplish objectives and complete projects on time. And negativity can have an
impact on the mental health of staff.
In this seminar you will:
1. Examine the sources of negativity and what managers
and supervisors can do to avoid de-motivating staff.
2. Look at how to confront negativity directly, both at
the group level and with individuals.
3. Learn techniques to help negative individuals become
4. Look at steps to creating and maintaining a positive
1. Negativity – Definition and Impact. Gain an
understanding of why negativity is so disruptive in the workplace.
2. The source of negativity - The most common reasons why
people are negative.
3. The most common mistakes companies, managers and
supervisors make that can contribute to the problem negativity.
4. Dealing with negativity as a Supervisor. Creating
awareness and getting accountability for the change from negative to
5. Techniques for dealing with negative co-workers.
6. Strategies for creating a positive workplace.
7. Application exercise - Creating a strategy to deal
Remember that the best way to combat
workplace negativity is to keep it from occurring in the first
If you wish to register a group please contact Monique at
email@example.com by phone 506-386-5896 or Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE REGARDING WEBINAR REGISTRATIONS & UTMOST GOOD
Webinar registrations are per
person. When registering, you confirm
that only the
person(s) named in the order will participate