FCIP courses are delivered by web-enabled distance learning supported by hard-copy materials and the guidance of an experienced, academically qualified facilitator. You will need the following resources.
FCIP course textbooks are available from the Insurance Institute. Please see the fee schedule for further details.
To ensure that you can fully access the resources of the online learning platform, you will need a computer that meets the following specifications.
Compatible operating systems:
• Windows 8.1
• Mac OS X “El Capitan”
Compatible browsers (please ensure pop-ups and cookies are enabled):
• Google Chrome
• Internet Explorer 10
• Mozilla Firefox
Other technology requirements:
• Broadband internet connection (Wi-Fi not recommended)
• Adobe Flash Player version 14
• Adobe Acrobat Reader X (10.1.2 or higher)
• Microsoft Office or Google Docs and Google Sheets
• An email account that supports attachments
• Digital headset (not required, but may be helpful for some functions)
To participate in our online courses and exams, it is strongly recommended that you have access to a personal laptop or a computer that meets the hardware, software and connectivity specifications required. Use of your employer’s equipment is not recommended, as company policies, firewalls and/or software restrictions may impede your access to needed features. To test your system specifications go to our Virtually Proctored Computer-based Examinations page.
We are unable to provide technical support for Mac users, mobile users or users of Windows XP.
• Entry and graduation requirements for the FCIP Program