Academic Integrity and Student Conduct
All members of the Insurance Institute are expected to adhere to the Academic Integrity policy, which outlines concepts and expected behaviours relating to plagiarism, academic dishonesty, confidentiality of information, copyright, professionalism, and breaches of academic integrity. Please familiarize yourself with the Academic Integrity policy.
In addition, the following provisions apply when participating in Insurance Institute courses using online discussions.
In many Insurance Institute courses, students are encouraged to discuss course content in online discussion boards. You are expected to adhere to the following guidelines when posting in the course discussion forums:
• You are expected to respect the principles of confidentiality and copyright and to avoid plagiarism in your postings.
• You are expected to treat other participants with courtesy and respect at all times.
• Posts that respectfully praise or criticize an idea are acceptable if they add to the discussion at hand.
• Personal attacks and inflammatory behaviour are not tolerated.
• Use of foul language and/or obscene images is not tolerated.
• The Insurance Institute course websites are to be used for academic purposes only.
• Public forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the general course community. Private discussions should be taken off-line.
• Threads or posts perceived to have been made with the intent of promoting a commercial endeavour will be deleted.
• Posting the same message repeatedly or posting an unsolicited commercial message, either to one or multiple topics or boards, is considered spam. Duplicate messages may be deleted or consolidated by Institute representatives, and posting privileges may be revoked.
• Responses to a particular thread should pertain to the discussion at hand. Posts on a new topic should be started in a new thread.
• Any messages posted in a discussion forum will remain available to other class participants for as long as that particular discussion board is accessible online. Please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of the post.