Rules and Regulations for Exam Day
1. The following are prohibited from use during the exam: course texts; dictionaries; books; notes; papers; calculators; translation books, devices, or information; recording devices; cameras; cell phones, smartphones, or telephones of any type; personal digital assistants; MP3 players; Blackberrys; iPods; pagers; cellular equipment; iPads or other tablets; Bluetooth or other reception/transmission devices; smartwatches (Apple, Samsung, or any make or model); Google eyeglasses or similar devices; any other electronic device, other form of information, or any other matter whatsoever unless authorized by the Insurance Institute. Students may not take photos or make copies, images, or recordings of the examination or computer screens before, during, or after the examination at the examination centre.
2. Students will not be permitted to use any tools other than those provided within the exam interface. The exam interface includes a section where students can type their notes and access an online calculator during the exam.
3. Communication of any kind between students, or with anyone other than authorized personnel, during the examination is prohibited.
4. Students may not use or have in their possession or vicinity any unauthorized or illegitimate materials or information nor make any attempt to obtain or provide such during the examination. Students may not provide any information about an examination that they are taking or that they have taken to anyone. Students may not hide or place, or arrange to have hidden or placed, any unauthorized or illicit material that may be accessed by themselves or others during an examination.
5. Students must read and agree to the Examination Rules and Regulations Student Declaration before starting the examination. Students must comply with proctor instructions.
6. Any breach of the preceding regulations will result in disqualification and the student will not be permitted to register for examinations in any of the next following nine examination sessions. The circumstances will be referred to the student’s local institute for disciplinary action additional to the automatic and minimum suspension of registration privileges mentioned herein. Any subsequent breach of the regulations will result in permanent disqualification from all examinations of this Institute.
7. Food, snacks, and beverages (including water) may not be consumed by or be in the vicinity of students during an examination.
8. Students who require food, water, or medication in the examination room for medical reasons must submit a request in advance pursuant to the Accommodation policy.
9. Students must bring government-authorized photo identification (passport, Canadian driver’s licence, Canadian health card) for identity verification to take their exam. Students without valid government-authorized photo identification will be required to reschedule their exam to another date and time.
10. Students must not begin their examinations until advised to do so by the proctor.
11. Students are responsible for ensuring they receive the correct examination.
12. No persons other than the proctors and students eligible to take the examination shall be present during the exam session.
13. Students must be members in good standing of a local institute (membership paid in full).