CIP® & FCIP Designations
The Insurance Institute offers two designations, Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP ) and Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP). Created at the direction of the industry and often mandated by employers, these designations represent the national standard for professionalism, technical expertise and leadership in the property & casualty (p&c) insurance sector. Enrolling in the CIP or FCIP Program provides you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in one of the many insurance career paths available, such as broker, agent, underwriter, adjuster or risk manager.
Both the CIP and FCIP Programs were developed for the industry, by the industry, in collaboration with the Institute’s education and insurance professionals. The Insurance Institute is committed to delivering education programs and designations, such as the CIP and FCIP, that meet the current and future needs of today’s competitive business world.
CIP Program Overview
The CIP designation is a starting point for many insurance careers. By becoming a CIP, you’re letting current and prospective employers know that you meet industry's standard of excellence and professionalism. This uniform standard, unique to the Institute, guarantees employers and consumers that all CIPs have met the same rigorous test of knowledge. The CIP Program integrates practical and theoretical knowledge about the p&c sector and gives you the option of choosing areas of specialization. The CIP Program is designed to be flexible to your career goals and ambitions.
• Program Courses – Have a look at the mandatory, applied professional and elective courses to determine a course of study suited to your career and learning needs.
• Learning Options – We know you’re busy, so we offer our courses in a wide variety of formats to suit your needs. Explore our in-class, virtual and distance-learning options.
• CIP & Your Career – Discover how the CIP Program can boost your career; it features concentrations for underwriters, brokers/agents and adjusters.
• Examinations – Learn about the CIP exam process and view our exam schedule.
• Tuition & Fees – Find out about program costs, including tuition and other expenses, such as textbooks.
FCIP Program Overview
If your professional career aspirations include a leadership role, the FCIP Program is an essential foundation in furthering your insurance career. Graduates will gain a comprehensive understanding of strategic leadership and advanced management principles that are an important part of every executive’s responsibilities. Designed specifically for the p&c industry, the FCIP Program offers six courses, covering topics such as strategy, leadership, financial management, enterprise risk management and global issues. Earning your FCIP designation will raise your game significantly, bringing you to the pinnacle of learning in our business.
• Program Courses – Review our six courses, all custom-designed to inspire vision and strategic insight.
• Program Admission – Get started on becoming an FCIP.
• Fees – See our program costs and tuition rates.
• Key Dates – Find out when FCIP courses are offered (Scroll down to ‘Key Dates’ tab).
• Deadlines – Applying for admission? Here are some key deadlines.
• FCIP Evaluation – Learn about the FCIP evaluation process.