CIP® & FCIP® Designations
CIP® & FCIP® Designations
The Insurance Institute offers two principal designations, the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP®) and the Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP®). Both programs were developed for the industry, by the industry, in collaboration with the Institute’s education and insurance professionals. They represent the national standard for professionalism, technical expertise and leadership in the property & casualty (p&c) insurance sector.
Enrolling in the CIP or FCIP Program provides you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in one of the many insurance career paths available, such as broker, agent, underwriter, adjuster or risk manager.
CIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The CIP Program integrates practical and theoretical knowledge about the p&c sector. By becoming a CIP you’re letting current and prospective employers know that you meet the industry's standards of excellence and professionalism. This uniform standard, unique to the Institute, guarantees employers and consumers that all CIPs have met the same rigorous test of knowledge.
• Program Courses - Combine mandatory, applied professional and elective courses to create a program suited to your needs.
• Learning Options - We offer our courses in a wide variety of formats to suit your needs. Explore our virtual, independent and in-class options.
• CIP & Your Career - Discover how the CIP Program can boost your career; it features concentrations for underwriters, brokers/agents and adjusters.
• Testimonials - Learn how the CIP Program has positively impacted the careers of graduates from across the insurance spectrum.
• Examinations - Understand the CIP exam process and view our exam schedule.
• Tuition & Fees - Find out about program costs, including tuition, textbooks and other expenses.
FCIP Program Overview
If your professional career aspirations include a leadership role, the FCIP Program is an essential foundation in furthering your insurance career. Graduates will gain a comprehensive understanding of strategic leadership and advanced management principles that are an important part of every executive’s responsibilities. Designed specifically for the p&c industry, the FCIP Program offers six courses, covering topics such as strategy, leadership, financial management, enterprise risk management and emerging issues. Earning your FCIP designation will raise your game significantly, bringing you to the pinnacle of learning in our industry.
• Program Courses - Review our six courses, all custom-designed to inspire vision and strategic insight.
• Program Admission - Get started on becoming an FCIP.
• Fees - See our program costs and tuition rates.
• Key Dates - Find out when FCIP courses are offered (Scroll down to ‘Key Dates’ tab).
• Deadlines - Applying for admission? Here are some key deadlines.
• FCIP Evaluation - Learn about the FCIP evaluation process.