Board of Governors
The board members are elected to represent members of local institutes and chapters as well as the senior industry leadership. The board is comprised of:
• Up to five governors representing the membership-at-large
• Two directors from each local institute whose membership is 400 or more, plus one director from each chapter, of such local institute, having a membership of more than 400
• One director from each local institute whose membership is less than 400
• Four regional vice-chairs (one from the institutes in the four Atlantic provinces, one from Quebec, one from Ontario and one from the five Western institutes).
• The immediate past chair of the institute: Martin Thompson, ACII
• The chairs of the Academic and Professionals’ Council (divisional chairs)
Heather Masterson, BA, BEd, FCIP, President and Chief Executive Officer of Travelers Canada was elected chair of the board of governors of The Insurance Institute of Canada (IIC) at the 68th Annual General Meeting, held virtually on October 25, 2021.