IIC Reopening Plan
The Insurance Institute is committed to the safety and well-being of our staff, and members. As the country begins to re-open, we want to reassure everyone that we have a national strategy in place. We also recognize that the impact of COVID-19 differs from region to region and we will make decisions by area, based on recommendations from the provincial health authorities and governments.
- No in-person classes for Fall 2020 or Winter 2021 sessions
- 2020-2021 convocations will be held virtually
- A slow, phased in approach to re-opening - 3 levels
- In-person seminars and events will be planned with industry input when appropriate
Is my Institute/Chapter open?
All Institutes and Chapters are closed to the public, and staff are working remotely. This section will be updated regularly as institute/chapters begin to re-open. We will make decisions based on provincial news for re-opening areas less impacted sooner than others. This will be done by assigning levels based on provincial guidelines.
Only Institute essential staff (as defined by provincial guidelines) to return to offices.
- The Insurance Institute of New Brunswick
- The Insurance Institute of Manitoba
- The Insurance Institute of Northern Alberta
- The Insurance Institute of Southern Alberta
- The Insurance Institute of Ontario
- Greater Toronto Area
- Cambrian Shield Chapter
- Conestoga Chapter
- Southwestern Ontario Chapter
- Hamilton-Niagara Chapter
- Kawartha-Durham Chapter
- Ottawa Chapter
Staff can return on a limited basis with rotating staff, but all offices closed to public. Offices able to accept visitors by appointment only.
- The Insurance Institute of British Columbia
- L'Institut d'assurance de dommages du Québec
- The Insurance Institute of Newfoundland & Labrador Inc.
- The Insurance Institute of Nova Scotia
- The Insurance Institute of Prince Edward Island
- The Insurance Institute of Saskatchewan
Offices open to public, walk-ins and visitors allowed.
What we’re doing to stay safe…
- PPE for customer facing staff
- Plexiglass safety barriers installed at reception areas
- Informational signage
- Physical distancing markings
- A plan for staff to gradually come back to the office(s) on a rotating basis
- Daily health status checks for all Institute staff
- Detailed guidelines and protocols for customer interactions
For more information on the IIC's response to COVID-19, please visit our information page.