1. What do I need to bring with me if I’m visiting the Institute?
Anyone visiting the Institute or Institute approved sites should always bring the following with them:
• Proof of full vaccination
• Government issued photo identification
• A face mask that covers the nose, mouth, and chin while on Institute premises. Do not use masks or respirators with exhalation valves. Please visit the Government of Canada website for recommendations on which mask to choose.
2. What is accepted as proof of vaccination?
The Institute recognizes the Government of Canada’s approved vaccines – 2 doses of AstraZeneca Vaxzevria, 2 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty, 2 doses of Moderna Spikevax or 1 dose of Janssen (Johnson & Johnson). The last dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to entering the Institute premises.
Mixed doses are acceptable as per the Government of Canada’s guidelines.
The Institute will accept provincial QR codes (that will be scanned), hard copies, and digital copies (for example: a photo stored on your mobile phone) of vaccination receipts.
3. Once I have shown proof of full vaccination to the Institute, will I be required to show it at every visit?
For privacy reasons we do not retain health information, please be prepared to show proof of full vaccination every time you visit the Institute.
4. I have the first dose of the vaccine; can I still write my exam in person?
Everyone who visits the Institute’s premises must be fully vaccinated as per the Government of Canada’s approved vaccines – 2 doses of AstraZeneca Vaxzevria, 2 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty, 2 doses of Moderna Spikevax or 1 dose of Janssen (Johnson & Johnson). The last dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to entering the Institute premises.
5. Will I have to wear a mask while I write my exam at the Institute?
Exam writers must wear a mask that covers the nose, mouth, and chin while on Institute premises. Do not use masks or respirators with exhalation valves. Please visit the Government of Canada website for recommendations on which mask to choose.
6. What should I do if I have COVID symptoms after booking an in-person exam?
If you have any cold/flu or COVID symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID, please stay home, and contact Member Services for assistance.
7. My region has rolled back its mask mandate policy—do I still have to wear a mask to my exam/class?
As the Institute is committed to maintaining the health and safety of employees, members, and visitors, we are taking consistent measures across Canada to meet the highest standards of infection prevention. We will continue to reinforce all existing health measures until further notice.
8. Can I attend a CIP or Licensing in-person class if I do not have proof of full vaccination?
Anyone attending an in-person class must be able to provide proof of full vaccination. You can attend virtual classes or pursue Independent Study courses. Please visit your local Institute page for more information on virtual class offerings.
9. Can I attend Institute in-person events or seminars if I do not have proof of full vaccination?
You are required to show proof of full vaccination to attend any in-person event or seminar. Please visit your local Institute for full listing of in-person and virtual event/seminar offerings.
10. Should I expect text book shipping delays?
The Institute is doing everything possible to keep our people, and the members we serve, safe. That means following the guidance of national and local public health authorities. Our teams are busy preparing textbook shipments but given the delays with shipping services, please expect longer than normal delivery times for your course materials. For students in the CIP, GIE and Licensing programs, please take advantage of your access to course content in PDF format in e-learning. If your course comes with an online tutorial, the PDF can be found there. For all other CIP courses, the PDF is available under My Courses
11. How will I know when my textbook has been shipped?
You will receive an email with tracking information once your order has been shipped.
12. Can I change the shipping address in my order to my home address?
For all textbook orders we will ship to the address indicated in the order. We cannot redirect mail or modify the shipping address after your order is submitted.
All Institutes and Chapters are closed to the public, and staff are working remotely. This section will be updated regularly as institute/chapters begin to re-open. We will make decisions based on provincial news for re-opening areas less impacted sooner than others.