Choosing a career in insurance is a good career move!
There are more than 120,000 Canadians working in the property & casualty insurance sector. As insurance affects virtually everything we do in life and in business, it is an industry which offers a wide variety of career paths that match the interests and ambitions of almost anyone. It is a sector that reflects the face and values of Canadian society with a constant need for talented, creative and motivated people.
The Insurance Institute’s Career Connections program offers tools and resources to help you to build a rewarding career that leverages your education, your interests and your experience:
• Take our quiz to see which area of the industry could offer a career path that fits with who you are.
• Explore full Career Profiles – including information on roles and responsibilities, how to get there, salary, and future outlook – for nine of the key operational roles in the property & casualty insurance sector.
• Watch video clips to hear personal stories and tips for success from industry professionals who have found their place in insurance.
• Learn more about insurance education, licencing and credentialing, writing a résumé specific to the insurance sector and the wide array of career opportunities available in insurance.
• Get answers to frequently asked questions from those wanting to get their start and grow their career in the property & casualty insurance industry.
Insurance. It’s not what you think. It’s a whole lot more!