Advance your career with the Insurance Institute of British Columbia.
Nov 2 | Fire Investigation for the Insurance Professional | Victoria
Nov 3 | Electrical Fire Risks in Old Homes | Kelowna
Nov 29 | Commercial Marine | Vancouver
Events - Networking Opportunities
Registration Deadline--October 28:
Nov 2 | Feed the Minds of Youth | 12-2:00pm | BCIT Downtown, Vancouver
Open For Registration:
Vancouver | Thursday, November 17, 2016 | 11:00 am - 2:30 pm | Pan Pacific Hotel
Victoria | Friday, November 18, 2016 | 6:00 pm - 11:30 pm | Victoria Golf Club
Kelowna | Thursday, January 12, 2017 | 11:30 am - 2 pm | Manteo Resort
View photos of these events on the IIBC Flickr page.
Another way to get your CE hours with us
You know we provide local seminars to help you get your hours, but help is also here with CE OnDemand, a new catalogue of online continuing education courses designed by the Insurance Institute of Canada for brokers and agents. Take a one-hour CE OnDemand course from wherever you are, anytime during the day or night. Learn more.
Download the Institute's mobile app!
Available through Google Play and the App Store, IIC Mobile Learning is a study tool that contains the Dictionary of Insurance, free practice questions for C11 students (with additional available for in-app purchase), and you can also access and edit your member profile and course records. Discover how it can help you with your study and professional needs.
Connecting you with the latest industry news
The CIP Society offers a wide range of free online resources for our members and the industry at large, including monthly Trends Papers on topics like Uber and the Internet of Things, as well as research reports on topics like Cyber Risks and Automated Vehicles. Visit our Trends Paper page for the full library of papers and our Insights and Research page for the full listing of research reports.
Is your member profile up-to-date? Check it now!
Keep your member profile up-to-date with your home contact details, so that we can continue to keep you in the loop if you make a career change or move companies. It's easy to update your profile now! Just go sign in to your member account with your Member ID, and update your profile. To do it by phone, or for any questions, please contact Member Services.
NEW CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS:
• Advanced CIP Certificate Program – A four-course program that accelerates your CIP and prepares you for the next step in your career—or the FCIP. Learn more.
• Risk Management Certificate Program – this new three-course certificate is tailored to the p&c industry and prepares you to attempt the CRM exams. Learn more.
Ask the Institute - now updated!
Education Questions? Ask the Institute! You’ll find the answers to questions our students ask the most. We want to help you make the most of your student experience so you can get ahead in your career and stay there! Learn more at www.insuranceinstitute.ca/ask.
• Virtual Learning and Examinations
• CIP Winter 2017 Course Schedule
• BC Manual Registration Form
• Credit Transfer: For Level 1 Licensing/BC GIE students please use Provincial Agent/Broker Licensing form and send in certificate
General Insurance Licensing:
• Please visit our Licensing pages for more information on becoming a licensed broker/agent or adjuster in BC.
• Registration Form for Level 1 Licensing Home Study Kit
• Live Virtual Level 1 Licensing Course - Free Information Session | Nov 23 | 1-1:30 pm
If your goal is to set yourself up for an exciting insurance career, the Insurance Institute is where you belong. Take your education and career to a whole new level. Membership with the Insurance Institute will give you the edge you need to succeed.