Advance your career with the Insurance Institute of British Columbia.
One Week Level 1 Licensing Summer Fast Track Course:
The Insurance Institute of British Columbia is pleased to offer our popular one week summer course which meets the education required by the Insurance Council of BC to obtain either a level 1 broker/agent or a level 1 adjuster licence.
Dates: July 12, 2016 to July 19, 2016 (no class Saturday or Sunday)
Time: 6 full days, 9 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Insurance Institute of BC, 1110 – 800 W. Pender St., Vancouver
Cost: $784.55 for non-members/$704.55 for members
Register: Click here to register for this course.
If you are a current home study student and would like to transfer into this class, please contact Sandra Enriquez for more information at 604-681-5491, ext. 30.
For more details, visit our Fast Track Licensing Page.
Fall 2016 CIP Courses Available for Registration Now
Download our Fall 2016 schedule. We have a variety of classes and formats to suit your needs.
If you already have textbooks, please complete our Manual Registration Form.
Seminars - Enhance Your Professional Development
Be informed and educated on topics of interest in the insurance industry. The Insurance Institute of BC offers seminars and webinars for Insurance Institute members and insurance industry professionals.
New Date in September:
Sept 15 | Advanced Business Interruption - Morning Adjusters Session | Vancouver
Sept 15 | Advanced Business Interruption - Afternoon Brokers Session | Vancouver
Events - Network With Colleagues
Network with colleagues and other industry professionals or entertain your clients at CIP Society events! The Insurance Institute of BC offers events for CIP Society members and insurance industry professionals.
Registration Now Open!
3rd Annual Okanagan Boat Cruise - Kelowna
July 28, 2016 | Okanagan Lake | Registration Opening Soon!
Graduates, look for your invitations in September!
Vancouver | Thursday, November 17, 2016 | 11:30 am - 2:30 pm | Pan Pacific Hotel
Victoria | Friday, November 18, 2016 | 6:00 pm - 11:30 pm | Victoria Golf Club
Kelowna | To Be Announced
View photos of these events on the IIBC Flickr page.
Is your member profile up-to-date? Check it now!
As one of our valued members, we want to ensure that we can continue to give you opportunities to enhance your education and your career, as well as keep you in the industry loop. If you haven't already, we encourage you to include non-work contact information - such as home address and home email address. The reason for this is that if anything changes with your position or your company - or your move to a different company - we might have difficulty reaching you.
It's easy to update your profile now! Just go sign in to your member account with your Member ID, and update your profile. To do it by phone, or for any questions, please contact Member Services at 1-866-362-8585.
Connecting you with the latest industry news
The CIP Society offers a wide range of free online resources for our members and the industry at large, including monthly Trends Papers on topics like Uber and the Internet of Things, as well as research reports on topics like Cyber Risks and Automated Vehicles. Visit our Trends Paper page for the full library of papers and our Insights and Research page for the full listing of research reports.
New Certificate Programs:
• Advanced CIP Certificate Program – this four-course program blends CIP course material with new topics and techniques designed to enhance your core business competencies. Develop your strategic management skills, business and financial acumen, critical thinking and communications skills. Learn more.
• Risk Management Certificate Program – this three-course certificate offers the opportunity to deepen your understanding of risk in the context of insurance. You’ll get the tools and knowledge you need to implement risk management practices for your organization. Learn more
Ask the Institute - now updated!
Education Questions? Ask the Institute! You’ll find the answers to questions our students ask the most. We want to help you make the most of your student experience so you can get ahead in your career and stay there! Learn more at www.insuranceinstitute.ca/ask.
• Virtual Learning and Examinations
• CIP Fall 2016 Course Schedule
• BC Manual Registration Form
• Credit Transfer: For Level 1 Licensing/BC GIE students please use Provincial Agent/Broker Licensing form and send in certificate
General Insurance Licensing:
• Please visit our Licensing pages for more information on becoming a licensed broker/agent or adjuster in BC.
• Registration Form for Level 1 Licensing Home Study Kit
• July 12 - 19, 2016: Fast Track Level 1 Licensing Course - Registration Now Open!
If your goal is to set yourself up for an exciting insurance career, the Insurance Institute is where you belong. Take your education and career to a whole new level. Membership with the Insurance Institute will give you the edge you need to succeed.