All FCIP insurance education courses are delivered by web-enabled distance learning. The online courses are guided by experienced facilitators with postgraduate qualifications and are supported by the following materials:
• textbooks, additional readings and a printed course guide
• a course website where you can participate in online discussions, submit assignments, receive feedback and access helpful resources.
Six FCIP courses are tailored to the needs of p&c insurance professionals who aspire to leadership positions in the industry. The courses culminate in a face-to-face gathering, in which you will present a final research project and meet with your peers.
Each FCIP course lasts one semester (12 or 13 weeks). The only exception is the final course, Integrative Learning for the P&C Insurance Sector, which is spread out over two semesters. We recommend that you take only one FCIP course per semester. Please note our additional recommendations below:
• Strategy in the P&C Insurance Sector should be the first course taken.
• We strongly recommend that Financial Management for Insurance Leaders be taken before Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) in the Insurance Sector.
• Emerging Issues: Implications for the P&C Insurance Leader should be taken fifth, so that you can draw on the knowledge and skills gained in other courses of the FCIP Program.
• Integrative Learning for the P&C Insurance Sector must be taken last.
The FCIP Virtual Tour is a series of short videos providing introductory information about each of the six courses in the Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP) program. FCIP grads appearing in the videos share their insights about how Canada’s highest property and casualty insurance designation helped them to develop leadership skills.
FCIP courses are offered in two semesters each year: fall and winter. The following dates and deadlines apply.