The Insurance Institute of British Columbia is Where You Belong
The Insurance Institute of British Columbia is here to help support your career. Members can take advantage of a wide range of benefits that include networking opportunities and lots of fun events, local classes, seminars and much more. Learn more about us.
Summer 1 Week Level 1 Licensing Fast Track Course Registration Open:
The Insurance Institute of British Columbia is pleased to offer our popular one week summer course which meets the education required by the Insurance Council of BC to obtain either a level 1 broker/agent or a level 1 adjuster licence.
Dates: July 12, 2016 to July 19, 2016 (no class Saturday or Sunday)
Time: 6 full days, 9 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Insurance Institute of BC, 1110 – 800 W. Pender St., Vancouver
Cost: $784.55 for non-members/$704.55 for members
Register: Click here to register for this course.
If you are a current home study student and would like to transfer into this class, please contact Sandra Enriquez for more information at 604-681-5491, ext. 30.
For more details, visit our Fast Track Licensing Page.
Fall 2016 CIP Course Schedule Available Mid-July
If you already have textbooks, please complete our Manual Registration Form.
Seminars - Enhance Your Professional Development
Be informed and educated on topics of interest in the insurance industry. The Insurance Institute of BC offers seminars and webinars for Insurance Institute members and insurance industry professionals.
CIP Seminars in June:
June 16 | Advanced Business Interruption - Morning Adjusters Session | Vancouver
June 16 | Advanced Business Interruption - Afternoon Brokers Session | Vancouver
Events - Network With Colleagues
Network with colleagues and other industry professionals or entertain your clients at CIP Society events! The Insurance Institute of BC offers events for CIP Society members and insurance industry professionals.
SOLD OUT! Waitlist being accepted.
14th Annual CIP Society Golf Tournament & Dinner | Hazelmere Golf Course | Friday, June 3
Email Winnie Hon a manual registration to be added to the waitlist.
Registration Now Open!
10th Annual CIP Society Golf Tournament & Dinner (Victoria) | Wednesday, June 22 | Olympic View Golf Club
Graduates, look for your invitations in September!
Vancouver | Thursday, November 17, 2016 | 11:30 am - 2:30 pm | Pan Pacific Hotel
Victoria | Friday, November 18, 2016 | 6:00 pm - 11:30 pm | Victoria Golf Club
Kelowna | To Be Announced
View photos of these events on the IIBC Flickr page.
Is your member profile up-to-date? Check it now!
As one of our valued members, we want to ensure that we can continue to give you opportunities to enhance your education and your career, as well as keep you in the industry loop. If you haven't already, we encourage you to include non-work contact information - such as home address and home email address. The reason for this is that if anything changes with your position or your company - or your move to a different company - we might have difficulty reaching you.
It's easy to update your profile now! Just go sign in to your member account with your Member ID, and update your profile. To do it by phone, or for any questions, please contact Member Services at 1-866-362-8585.
Connecting you with the latest industry news
The CIP Society offers a wide range of free online resources for our members and the industry at large, including monthly Trends Papers on topics like Uber and the Internet of Things, as well as research reports on topics like Cyber Risks and Automated Vehicles. Visit our Trends Paper page for the full library of papers and our Insights and Research page for the full listing of research reports.
New Certificate Programs:
• Advanced CIP Certificate Program – this four-course program blends CIP course material with new topics and techniques designed to enhance your core business competencies. Develop your strategic management skills, business and financial acumen, critical thinking and communications skills. Learn more.
• Risk Management Certificate Program – this three-course certificate offers the opportunity to deepen your understanding of risk in the context of insurance. You’ll get the tools and knowledge you need to implement risk management practices for your organization. Learn more
• Virtual Learning and Examinations
• CIP Fall Course Schedule available mid-July
• BC Manual Registration Form
• Credit Transfer: For Level 1 Licensing/BC GIE students please use Provincial Agent/Broker Licensing form and send in certificate
General Insurance Licensing:
• Please visit our Licensing pages for more information on becoming a licensed broker/agent or adjuster in BC.
• Registration Form for Level 1 Licensing Home Study Kit
• July 12 - 19, 2016: Fast Track Level 1 Licensing Course - Registration Now Open!
If your goal is to set yourself up for an exciting insurance career, the Insurance Institute is where you belong. Take your education and career to a whole new level. Membership with the Insurance Institute will give you the edge you need to succeed.