Embrace your Leadership Potential
Leadership is about embracing the opportunity to inspire, make a difference and translate vision into reality through others.
The Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP) designation – the pre-eminent professional insurance designation in Canada’s p&c industry – is tailored to provide current and future leaders in the insurance business with the knowledge and skills they need to embrace their potential.
The FCIP Program is a dynamic insurance education program consisting of six courses that inspire vision and strategic insight. Offered online by the Insurance Institute, the FCIP Program was developed with the input and insights of insurance industry executives, academics from leading Canadian business schools and industry subject-matter experts. The FCIP Program balances business theory with insurance context, and academic challenge with real-world application.
Is this program for you?
This online program has been designed to provide professionals in the property and casualty insurance industry with a comprehensive understanding of strategic leadership and advanced management principles.
If your professional aspirations include a leadership role in the p&c sector, you can be confident that the FCIP Program will provide an excellent foundation for furthering your insurance career.
Our leadership development courses help insurance brokers, underwriters, claims professionals, managers, directors, supervisors and executives build the skills and knowledge they need to assess options and make strategic decisions.
• Read about the program courses
• Download the FCIP brochure (PDF, 4.5 MB)
• Download the FCIP Program Syllabus and Handbook (PDF, 2.8 MB)
• Watch a short video of some of Canada's top p&c insurance executives discussing the benefits of the program
• Assess your readiness for the FCIP program by taking our short quiz
• Listen to a candidate, a course facilitator and an Institute representative talk about the program (recorded Q&A webinar; audio with slides, run time approximately 60 minutes; free registration required)
Apply for admission
The FCIP Program. Leadership Defined.